When Andrus Intellectual Property Law needed a new space for just the third time in their eighty-three year history, they turned to HGA to provide them with a timeless design that spoke to both their past and future.
Central to their culture is the connection to Milwaukee and their long history within it. As they thought about their new space, they knew both would need to play prominent roles. From the moment you come off the elevator, you’re greeted with spectacular views of Milwaukee through full-height glass doors, a light and open reception area, and a transparent conference room. An egalitarian approach to daylight and views drove the design and resulted in the corner break room at the heart of the office which provides all employees a place to gather and enjoy the city.
Aesthetically, Andrus wanted to see themselves in the same space twenty years from now. HGA spent several client meetings listening to the Andrus team to understand their culture and vision. This deep understanding helped HGA tap into what really mattered to them and craft a physical space that embodies Andrus’s vision: one that is approachable, neutral, and modern. Seeking this insight built trust and led to opportunities to expand services that enhanced the company’s brand identity, such as the design of custom art.
Photography: John Magnoski
Contractor: Catalyst Construction
Broker Partner and Project Manager: JLL
Furniture Partners: CBI Commercial Business Interiors and BSI Building Services Inc.
1. Movable Demountable Wall Partition: Muraflex
2. Desks: Knoll
3. Carpet: Interface World Woven - Natural Weft & Natural Tweed
4. Rug: Muuto
5. Concrete: CTS Cement - Rapid Set Polished Concrete
6. Ceiling in Lobby and Break Room: Armstrong - Acoustibuilt Seamless Ceiling System
7. Stone: Stone Source - Chiarra Polished W-Azerocare
8. Laminate: Wilsonart
9. Solid Surface: LG Hausys Viatera
10. Wood Veneer Paneling: Brookside Veneer
11. Conference room seating: Herman Miller Setu.
12. Lobby and Break room seating: National Office Furniture Hobson